Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A couple of items about confession from this weeks Catholic Carnival

This week's Catholic Carnival is up. Check it out here: Holy Week Catholic Carnival

I don't normally link to the Carnival on this blog but I wanted to highlight a couple of items from this weeks edition. Both of these are posts from members of the Catholic Converts blog roll.

The Kid Sister of Blessed Imelda offers this wonderful post titled The First Time . . .. This is a great reflection on her own first confession and the ones after. Whether you've yet to make your first confession or received the Sacrament of Reconciliation hundreds of times, this is a very good read.

Profound Gratitude describes her first confession with a bit of humor in the post First Confession. Again, whether you've yet to make your first confession or received the Sacrament of Reconciliation hundreds of times, I think this post does a lot to remind us that we all struggle with this aspect of our Catholic Faith at times. However, I think the struggles just make it that much more of a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a couple of good posts, Chris!

I can't remember if I blogged about it much at the time, but I found my first and second Confessions profound. As I did my third one today! lol